Open Water Swimming
H20 Open Water Swimming at Reading Lake
Current water Temperature 8.5d
Covid Restrictions – we will be limiting numbers for each session with no changing facilities open and social distancing measures in place, a one way system will continue onsite.
Reading Lake (Kirtons Farm) hosted the first ever UK triathlon in 1983. Since then we have hosted numerous triathlon, open water swim, water ski, multi sport and running events, on our 50 acre site. We offer open water swimming throughout the year, see below for details.
New —- For the 2021 season we will be a NOWCA partner venue using the latest timing and safety management system. You will need to join NOWCA to swim @ Reading Lake. To see the benefits of joining NOWCA please see the bottom of this page.
Please find a step-by-step guide on how to sign up to NOWCA:
- 1) Register as a NOWCA Customer –
Click on the following link and remember to select H20 Reading Lake Swim Centre as your venue to pick up your personal membership wristband: https://kscan.co/customer/register?org=nowca
- 2) Download the ACTiO App to book your swims –
Once complete, use the same email address and password to login to the booking app so you can book and pay for your swim.
The links are below: https://nowca.org/actio-app/
*If you don’t have a smart phone please use the ACTiO App Browser Version: https://actio.nowca.org/root/home
Reading Lake – Open Water Swimming Price:
All swims are pre-bookable via Actio only.
- £7.00 per individual swim
- £60 for a book of 10 swims
- Wet suit hire available
Reading Lake Open Water Facilities include:
- Free parking
- 750 & 450 metre loop
- Changing rooms
- Inside & outside showers
- Supervised sessions with safety crew and rescue boat
- Coached sessions
- Shop, including hiring of wetsuits and fitting advice of new wetsuits.
Opening Times: from Tuesday 30th March
7am-10am Saturday and Sunday mornings
5pm-8pm or dusk Tuesday and Thursday evenings
- Provide us with up to date, easily accessible emergency contact and medical details, for your swimming safety. In a one-time digital profile set up.
- NEW Coming in May 2021 – all NOWCA Members automatically have personal accident insurance including traveling to and from the venue.
- Book your swims, events, coaching and other activities on The NOWCA app (ACTiO)
- See all our prices, available time slots and if sessions are nearly fully booked.
- Purchase multiple swim credits to book your swim sessions.
- Faster access into the water due to pre-booking and the scan in / scan out system.
- Enable us to Log the distances of each open water swim you complete
- Receive your swim stats after each swim against water temperature and weather conditions.
If you struggle to do this and have to sign up when you get to the lake, it may delay your entry into the water.
If you have any questions, please email us. Looking forward to seeing you soon.
The H20 open water swimming team