Hi5 Water Sports & Activities in Berkshire
Current Water Temperature 8.5d
Update – Following the pm’s announcement we can re-open on March 29th – Water Ski – Wakeboarding – Open Water Swimming – Paddleboarding
Watersking – Wakeboarding -To Book please click on link at top of page. (book online) please remember to fill in your profile to allow online payments.
Open Water Swimming – book on the Actio app details on the open water swim link above
Vouchers for Watersports – please give us a call or you can purchase through the sports booker online system at the top of the page.
Please be aware that the inside changing rooms will not be available, and the ski hut will be closed. Toilets will be available for use on site, but this will be on a ‘one-in-one-out’ basis only. An ‘occupied’ sign will be in use to ensure smooth running of this new system.
- If you have any COVID-19 symptoms, or if anyone in your household is displaying symptoms, please do not book and visit the venue. We reserve the right to cancel your booking, with no refund, should you display such symptoms.
- There will be no inside changing areas.
- We kindly ask that you limit your time at the lake. We know many of you appreciate the social element of the Hi5 community, but for now, our main aim is to keep you healthy and active!
- Anti-bacterial spray will be provided so please ensure you wipe down anything you touch.
- Rental of equipment such as wetsuits, cannot be guaranteed for obvious health and safety reasons.
- Opening hours will be extended so that we are able to stagger bookings. Please call in advance so we can keep you and others safe.
- Drop-ins will not be accepted, so please ensure you have made a booking in advance.
- Sadly, we can only have the driver in the boat. We appreciate your understanding of this and ask that you also respect the health and safety of our staff.
Thank you for your cooperation and we look forward to seeing you soon!
Hi 5 Watersports and activities at Reading Lake is the premier destination for water skiing and activities in Berkshire.
Located at the Reading Lake, Berkshire. You can locate Hi 5 water sports & activities 5 minutes from junction 11 M4, 10 minutes from Reading Town Centre.
When you arrive for your water sports session, your instructor will give you a short safety briefing before taking you through the basics of waterskiing, including a land lesson. They’ll provide some essential tips and techniques to ensure you spend as much time on the skis: rather than in the water. Coaching is also provided through to advanced level.
Onsite we have 2 water sports lakes (with 2 slalom courses) for water skiing wakeboarding, banana & ringo rides and open water swimming.
We also offer a variety of land and water based activities for all skill levels. Our land activities offer great entertainment for groups, including segway’s, human table football and axe throwing. Whether planning a corporate team building event or party we have a large selection of activities to select from.
We provide all the equipment, wetsuits, buoyancy aids, waterski’s and wakeboards.
Beginners, our experienced team will provide training on body positioning and techniques on land. After mastering the basics, you will transition to the water, where we provide a training bar for maximum stability and easy supervision.
When our instructor is confident in your progress you will get to have a go at being towed behind the boat. Our instructor will coach you to reach your maximum potential, depending on progress.
Wakeboarding is a more recent and exciting sport.
The sport is a combined skill of surfing and water skiing. Wakeboarding provides a workout and is also good practise for Snowboarders during the summer while being an exhilarating way to experience reading lake.
Banana and Ringo Rides
For banana rides we use a six person inflatable and 4 person inflatable (kids) for the ringo rides. Suitable for ages 7 years plus
Stand Up Paddle boarding is one of the fastest growing water sports at in the UK. Suitable for ages 7 plus with younger children being able to go out on their parent’s board making it a great family activity.
Paddle board hire – 1 Hour – £17.50pp (ages 7 plus)
For corporate events, team building, kids’ parties and stag/hens parties. Hi 5 have a wide range of packages.
Local Pubs & Restaurants